Admission Procedure for Higher Education-MBA Degree Canadian Students
MBA Degree programs are offered by Universities. Entry into higher education- MBA Degree courses in Canada is highly competitive, and a high standard of English or French language is required for MBA. MBA is the most sought after degree. It offers students with pragmatic and theoretical knowledge of how people and processes work within the business world and in the wider community. The MBA offers worldwide networking opportunities, expanded personal skills and career enhancement.
The most important pre requisite for pursuing MBA degree in Canada is English or French language proficiency. One has to provide the evidence of proficiency in the English language.Standardized test:
The Standardized admission tests for MBA include-Graduate Management Admission Tests (GMAT):
The GMAT score is required by most universities and the minimum required ranges from 500 in some to 600 in the top universities.
Each Education provider will have different entrance requirements such as prior knowledge in certain subject, Work History details Official academic transcripts, Statement of Purpose, and Letters of Recommendation.
- Statement of Purpose: The Statement of Purpose is a personal essay indicating your purposes and objectives in undertaking the particular course of study. The SOP should depict your interests, plans, academic background and experiences. It should describe why you are applying to this program and what has influenced your career choice. It should 1-2 pages in length. Be persuasive and concise.
- Letter of Recommendation: Recommendations should come from individuals who can speak to the quality of your academic and/or professional background; who knows you well professionally. Two letters of recommendations are generally recommended.
- Academic Records & Transcripts: Most MBA Universities needs past academic records and transcripts. It is at times considered as a deciding factor in admission to a MBA Program in Canada.
- Resume: A detailed Resume is important for admission to a MBA program in Canada. It should depict all information of professional work experience, description of duties and responsibilities, formal education and training, and list of voluntary and community roles and activities.
Graduate degrees of three years are accepted by most Canadian universities. In some cases, depending on the course and university, you may require a bachelor’s degree that is similar to a Canadian Bachelor (Honors) Degree i.e. a four year graduation course instead of a three year course. Also, a minimum GPA of 3.0- 3.5 is required for admission to the MBA program.
The MBA degree in Canada is generally for one to two years full time study or part time equivalent.
Starting dates vary widely depending upon the institution. The program runs from early September until the end of April or early May, but can vary by course and institution.
The MBA introduces students to the diverse business disciplines and prepares them for general management roles.
Following subject areas for MBA are offered in business schools in Canada
- Business Policy and Strategy
- Global Business
- Human Resources Management
- Organizational Behaviour
The admission process involves following steps:
- Application Forms
- Requesting Application Forms via email: You can request application forms from the universities website. Most universities have a form on their website which can be completed online to request application material.
- Downloading from the university website: Many universities have a downloadable and ready to print versions of their application forms on the internet. These can be used for applying just as regular forms.
In the form, fill the following sections and submit:
- Personal Details
- Academic History
- Supplement Information
- Course chosen
- Supporting Documents
Submit Supporting documents such as transcripts from all high school coursework, Letters of Recommendation, Work History, Reference/Personal Statement, Resume and Research Proposal.
- Acceptance Letter
If the application is successful, the applicant will receive “Acceptance Letter”. On receiving this, you need to pay a portion of the fees within a stipulated time period, to confirm your admission. During enrollment, you must carry copies of the acceptance letter, study/work permit and any other details that are mandatory for admission. The payment of fees varies according to the university you have chosen.
The tuition fee for MBA program ranges from CDN $ 10,000 per year to $ 25,000 per year. In some schools, it goes up to CDN $ 35,000 for the entire program.
Every Provincial University has their own way to apply for financial assistance. Contact the prospective University by phone for more information or go the Universities website and locate financial aid and/or loan information sections.